Spring is coming and I'm starting to feel more and more like making vegetable-based dishes.Most veggies are not in season yet (very soon though!),but luckily there are still some yummy root veggies left from storage.I choose Beetroots and Parsnips for this recipe,but you can use anything you like or have on hand.Like carrots,potatoes or Jerusalem artichoke.In case you don't like cilantro,you can even replace that with some parsley.
I'm going to keep it short and sweet,this recipe are some super simple Beetroot & Parsnip Fritters,that is great for a quick Lunch or even Breakfast if you like to keep it savoury in the Morning.I serve it with a some vegan Creme Fraiche mixed with roasted sesame oil but the fritters would also go well with a delicious yoghurt based sauce.I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Beetroot & Parsnip Fritters
- Peel and grate the beetroot and parsnips.
- Then combine in a large bowl the remaining ingredients and mix well until everything sticks together a little.You can add a few more drops of sesame oil if your mixture seems to dry.
- Heat some sunflower oil in a skillet on medium/heat,add half of the mixture and spread out evenly.
- Fry for 7 minutes on one side,then flip (I use a plate to do this,to make sure I don't break the fritters) and fry for another 3-4 minutes on the other side.You can also make more smaller fritters,which are easier to flip.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Next mix the vegan creme fraiche with the sesame oil.
- Serve the Fritters with some creme fraiche on top and sprinkled with the black sesame seeds and greens and enjoy!