Chickpea Fritatta,it's one of my all time favourites.I have made a classic version with tomatoes,mushrooms and arugula a while back.You can check out the recipe here:Vegan Chickpea Fritatta
In case you haven't come across this recipe before.For this frittata you can skip the eggs and instead use chickpea flour and silken tofu,you simply fry up the onions and the kale,whisk the rest of the ingredients together and bake it all for about 20 mins.Super quick and easy.It is one of my go-to quick lunch or brunch fixes when I don't want to spend a lot of time cooking,but I still want something healthy and satisfying.
This Green Winter Frittata's main ingredient is Tuscan Kale,my favourite kale variety at the moment.It's just so damn delicious that I have added a few extra leaves on top of the frittata.I brush them with olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt on top and let them get a little crispy in the oven.It tastes amazing!But of course,this recipes works just as well with regular kale or even spinach.Just give it a try!
I really hope you enjoy the recipe.Let me know if you decide to make it,I really love seeing your creations!You can tag me on Instagram @aboutthatfood or use the hashtag #aboutthatfood.
Green Chickpea Frittata
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Heat up the olive oil in a small oven proof skillet.
- Peel and chop the onion
- Wash the kale throughly and place about 3-4 small leaves aside.Chop the other kale leaves into thin strip.
- Sautee the onion in the oil until translucent,then add the kale and sautee for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then add all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and mix with the sauteed onions and kale.
- If your skillet has an ovenproof lid,place this on top.Alternatively you can use some foil,and place the skillet in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Brush the remaining kale leaves with some oil and after 20 minutes,remove the lid and place the kale leaves on top of the frittata.Sprinkle with some extra fleur de sel and place back in the oven,this time uncovered,for 3-4 minutes,until the kale gets crispy.
- Once ready sprinkle with some shiso micro greens and serve straight out of the pan.