The holidays are over,and so are all the beautiful,delicious but very decadent meals that come with Christmas.So I'm sure everyone is craving something a little more light and green right now.And what a better way to start the new year than with a yummy and healthy and green soup.
This recipe is also one of those dishes that came together because broccoli and lemongrass happened to be what I had in my fridge that day,but that is usually how the best recipes come to be.I hope you enjoy this one;it is as quick and easy as any recipe could be and only uses very few ingredients.Perfect to get this new year started.
If you decide to remake this or any other of my recipes,I would love to hear about it.You can tag me on Instagram or use the hashtag #aboutthatfood.
Broccoli & Lemongrass soup
- Wash your broccoli thoroughly and cut into small chunks.
- Wash the lemongrass,cut off the bottom and the tips and slice thinly.
- Place both into a soup pot and add the coconut milk and vegetable stock.Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer on low for about 40 mins,or until the broccoli has softened,but the longer the better.
- Next,using a immersion blender,blend the broccoli and the lemongrass until you get a creamy soup.
- Add lemonjuice and almond butter and blend again.
- Then add the salt & pepper to taste and adjust any of the other seasonings according to taste.
- Serve with a spoon of coconut yoghurt,roasted hazelnuts and some microgreens.