Most of my favourite savoury dishes involve mushrooms in some shape or form.They add an incredible umami flavour and fantastic texture to any meal and are an excellent substitute for meat in most recipes!There isn't any mushroom I don't like and while my favourites are wild mushrooms that you can only find during the mushroom season in early fall,some mushrooms,like shiitake and oyster,are so easy to grow indoors,all year round,making them a perfect and sustainable seasonless ingredient.
This recipe is all about the mushrooms;they are fried a little in olive oil and thyme and then served in a creamy and cheesy sauce with toasted ciabatta bread.This meal is ready in less than 30 minutes,there is almost no slicing or chopping involved,and it makes for a perfect easy lunch or even dinner.
I hope you like the recipe!Let me know if you decide to make it;I love to see your creations,tag me on Instagram or use the hashtag #aboutthatfood.
Creamy Mushroom Pan
- Add coconut and soy milk into a large pan and bring to a low simmer.
- Stir in the vegan butter,杏仁黄油,lemon zest,finely chopped garlic,nutritional yeast and salt and thyme.Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Next start adding the tapioca starch gradually through a sieve.Whisk until the sauce starts to thicken a little.
- Once it thickens,turn down the heat and stir every now and then.
- In a second skillet heat the olive oil and 1 stalk of thyme.Slice the mushrooms in half and add to the hot skillet.
- Fry for about 5 minutes until they are well cooked and slightly browned.
- Finally brush the slices of ciabatta with the olive oil and grill in the oven or in a griddle pan for about 5 mins.
- Add the mushrooms to the sauce,and then serve straight out of the pan with the bread on the side.