Oh,this Pie,it's just so gooey and delicious,I know I say this about most of my recipes,but this one truly is my favourite pie of all time.I'm going to be making it for Christmas Eve,and I know there won't be a crumb left of it the next day.
It's a straightforward recipe,I made the crust myself,but if you are short on time,you can use a store-bought crust,as a lot of them happen to be vegan,check the ingredients.The filling I made from pecans,cashew butter (you can also use almond here) dates and maple syrup,which just happens to be the most delicious combination ever.I can't get over how good it tastes.I topped it off with some more pecans,glazed in maple syrup and cinnamon,which makes the whole thing look so pretty!To make it extra pretty,I added some snowflakes made from leftover dough on top,which adds one more step to the method,but again if you're short on time,you can skip this one as well.
I really hope you like this one as much as I do!Let me know in case you decide to make it;I love seeing your creations,tag me on Instagram or use the hashtag #aboutthatfood.
Merry Christmas to all of you!
Holiday Pecan Pie
- Start by making the dough.Place the flour and the salt in the bowl of your stand mixer.Chop the butter into small cubes and then add to the flour.Carefully crumble the butter using your hands,to incorporate into the flour.
- Then knead the dough quickly,just until it comes together either using your hand or the stand mixer.形成一个球,wrap in clingfilm and place into the frdige for 10 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- After 10 mins roll the dough into a large circle.Brush a tart tin with vegan butter and then place the dough inside.Slice off the overlapping edges.Then pierce the bottom the the crust a few times with a fork.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 Minutes.
- Form the leftover dough from the cut off into a little ball and roll out again,then place on a sheet of baking paper and place into the fridge.
- In the meantime make the filling.Place the pecan nuts in your food processor and blend until the form a flour,then add the dates,cashew butter and maple syrup.Blend until everything comes together,then slowly add about 100ml of water.You want the filling to have a creamy consistency.
- Next pour the 50ml of maple syrup in a small saucepan and whisk in the cinnamon.Bring to a simmer and then add the pecans.
- Once the pie crust comes out of the oven spoon the filling inside and then flatten out using a spatula.Then place the maple glazed pecans on top.
- You can stop at this point and leave the pie bare.If you want to add some decorations let the pie cool down a little.Then take the cold circle dough out of the fridge and cut out some shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.Place them on the pie and then bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve while still a little bit warm.