Christmas Eve is just around the corner,and it's time to share some recipe ideas with you!Last year I did an entire Christmas Feat,with a starter,a main and a side.But this year,unfortunately,I didn't have enough time to shoot a full meal.I know that most of you already have their favourite sides dishes (If not I will share some suggestions with you) locked down but might still be looking for the perfect main.So here is what I will be having for this year's Main Course
I decided to make it some delicious Hand pies filled with a roasted Celery Cream and some roasted grapes.My recipe includes how to make the dough as well,but if you are short on time you can buy a ready made pie crust since most of the store bought ones happen to be vegan!For the filling,I made the best celery cream.I cooked the celery instead of roasting it,which adds so much more flavour!On the side,I have added some roasted grapes,my new favourite thing.Roasting grapes might sound a little odd,but they add the perfect sweetness to this yummy dish!
I really hope you like this recipe!In case you are still looking for some more ideas for Christmas Dinner here are some other suggestions:
Any dish from last year'sChristmas Fest
My veganPotato Gratin
TheseStuffed Butternut Squashesalso make for a great side dish!
ThisLentil & Mushroom Loafmakes for another great main course.
MyMulled Apple & Maple Cideris a great drink to serve with your meal,
and if you are still looking for something sweet,here are my
Last Year'sChristmas Cookie Extravaganza
or this year'sChocolate Dipped Nut Christmas Cookies.
Merry Christmas to all of you!
Celery Cream Handpies
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.Peel and cut the celery into little cubes.Sprinkle with olive oul and some salt and then roast in the oven for about 40 mins.
- Next make the dough.Add the spelt flour into a large bowl.Cut the butter into tiny little cubes and start kneading it into the dough,carefully using your hands.You want the dough to have a crumbly texture.Next add the cold water and salt.Continue kneading until a smooth dough forms.But be careful the dough doesn't get to warm,you don't want the butter to melt.
- Wrap the dough in some foil and place it in the fridge for about 30 mins.
- Once the celery comes out of the oven.Place the cubes into a large bowl and add the oat milk,rosemary,garlic and maple syrup.Use an immersion blender to blend it into a smooth cream.Then add salt & pepper according to your taste.Alternatively you can also make the cream in a food processor.
- Once the dough has chilled,remove it from the fridge and roll it out on a floured surface.Using a large cookie cutter or a small plate cut out 8 round shapes and brush the edges with a little water.
- Divide the celery cream between 4 of the circles.
- Place the other 4 circles on top of the ones with celery cream and then pinch the edges together using a fork.Cut a little cross on top of each one and then brush them again with some more oat milk.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes until they are nice and brown.
- In a separate little oven form place the grapes and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of the maple syrup.Bake them for about 10-15 mins.
- Once the handpies come out of the oven brush them with the remaining 2 tbsp of maple syrup and then serve them together with the roasted grapes.