Advent has begun,and it looks like it's time for a new Coffee recipe in cooperation with J.Hornig.This past year I had the pleasure of creating four different recipes forJ.Hornig.In spring I made a deliciousEaster bread filled with coffee syrup and nuts,during the summer there was chocolate andcoffee ice creamand in the fall I created something a little out of the ordinary;a coffee infused pumpkin soup.A lot of different recipes featuring coffee,but no actual method for a coffee drink.So,to end the year on a high note,I have decided to make an easy recipe for a Cardamom and Cinnamon Coffee.
During this time of the year,there is nothing better than a cosy moment on the couch with a delicious hot beverage in hand — a little moment of indulgence.Coffee and indulgence go hand in hand for me,that is also why good quality coffee is so important for me.Through working with J.Hornig,I have learnt so much about good coffee and what to look for when you're buying the coffee beans.For example why the more gentle method of coffee roasting,drum roasting is better than the conventional way of hot-air roasting,or what the advantages of Direct Trade Coffee is and so much more.You can read more about thishere,in a previous post.
I also found my favourite Coffee beans,a coffee that works for me every time,no matter if I need a quick espresso and Cappuccino or a more extravagant Cardamom and Cinnamon Latte.This coffee is theCaffè Crema Bioist by J.Hornig.The Caffè Crema Bio is strong in flavour and has a beautiful Crema;it is also made solely from organically grown coffee beans.Precisely what I am looking for in a good cup of coffee!I hope you like my little Coffee recipe!
- Place the coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day take it out of the fridge and open the can.Spoon the hardened coconut cream out of the can and place into a chilled bowl. Use a handmixer to mix until the coconut milk becomes creamy.
- Place the cinnamon sticks and the cardamom capsules in a large bowl.Pour the freshly brewed coffee over the spices and let it sit for a few minutes.
- In the meantime heat the milk,then remove the spices from the coffee.Pour the coffee in two coffee mugs and then top with the warmed milk and coconut cream.
- Sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon and serve.